Bathroom Curtain Cleaning Checklist: How To Do It
Curtains bear a lot of things and need regular cleaning services. Uncleaned curtains can cause many problems for you and your family. Bathroom curtains can become very dirty due to exposure and too much use. Bathroom curtains need more protection and more effort while cleaning them. To clean your curtains effectively you can use homemade solutions or hire professional curtain cleaners. To get detailed information on how to clean bathroom curtains, read the blog thoroughly.
Cleaning Curtains Using White Vinegar and Baking Soda In Washing Machine-
Step 1– First remove the curtains and liners and toss them in a washing machine. You can use a couple of white towels alongside the curtains that provide extra scrubbing and help in better cleaning the curtains. This is an important step how to clean bathroom curtains.
Step 2- Add detergent in regular amounts and ½ to 1 cup of baking soda to the washing machine. Baking soda is a great solution to remove stains from the curtains. Baking soda absorbs stains and it is also useful as a deodoriser. It helps in removing bad odour from the curtains.
Step 3- Wash the curtains in warm water at the highest level to get rid of the smell and stains from the curtains. Then rinse the curtains in the machine by adding ½ to 1 cup of distilled white vinegar.
Step 4- Then allow the curtains to run through the spin cycle and hand them outside. Wait until they are completely dried up and place them back. Wait until they are completely dry to avoid the bad smell from the curtains and do not use any dryer to dry them.
Cleaning The Bathroom Curtains Without Removing Them-
Step 1- Gather cleaning things including vinegar and spray bottles and prepare the cleaning solution. Mix one part vinegar and 4 parts of water in the spray bottle.
Step 2- Extend the bathroom curtains across the rod and spray the solution on the curtain. Make sure to concentrate on the side that is hanging in the tub and completely saturate the solution.
Step 3- Once the stains and dirt are removed, use warm water to rinse the curtain from top to bottom. Then let the curtains air dry thoroughly. This is one of the useful and easy methods How to clean bathroom curtains.
How To Clean Bathroom Curtains By Hand?
Step 1- To keep your curtains clean it is important to rinse them with warm water. Remove the curtains from the hangers and add them to a bucket filled with warm water.
Step 2- Add ¼ cup of baking soda and some amount of laundry detergent and mix it thoroughly. Later add it again to warm water and agitate it by hand.
Step 3- Then rinse the curtains with warm water and allow them to dry thoroughly. You can hang them and also use dryers to dry them quickly.
How To Prevent Mould From Curtains-
- Turn on the exhaust fan during your shower and keep it on until 30 minutes after your shower so the moisture goes out and doesn’t allow the mould to settle on the curtains.
- Make sure you wash and dry your bath mats and towels regularly because mould easily grows where it can find moisture.
- Store your washcloths and loofahs away from the shower and somewhere dry to avoid mould growth.
- There are many soaps that can cause scum so you can use a body wash or non-soap cleansing bar instead of bar soap.
- To keep your curtains clean, regularly spray your curtains with a mixture of half water and half distilled water and you can also add a few drops of lemon oil to the solution for a good smell. This is one of the best tips How to clean bathroom curtains.
- Once in a week, it is important to scrub clean the bottom of the curtains with vinegar and water solution as it catches much dust and debris.
Hire Professional Curtain Cleaners- Keep Curtains Safe, Tidy & Smart
To maintain and keep your curtains clean, it is important to hire professional curtain cleaning services regularly. They know the best cleaning techniques and the tools they use are also the latest and most effective.
If you are looking for the best professional curtain cleaners in Brisbane, hire the professionals at Captain curtain cleaning Brisbane. We are the leading curtain cleaning service provider in Brisbane. With years of experience in the cleaning field, we can clean all types of curtains and remove all types of stains. We also offer emergency curtain cleaning services at reasonable prices. We specialised in bathroom curtain cleaning and know all the methods to clean bathroom curtains.